Tuesday 22 March 2011

Curried Carrot Soup

Hi All,

I am back again with a new post after a long gap of almost 4 months and believe me it was not easy for me to stay away from my blog..but I had to because of many personal reasons. And I am sure all my blogger friends out there know how hard it gets to come out of this non-blogging habbit(specially after such a long gap). I am trying so hard to get back on the track and to post regularly like before. So, here I am with my new post or should I say my first post of this year.

Here is how I make my carrot soup.. being someone who loves spicy food, I love to have curried carrot soup instead of the bland(yet easy peasy) version , where you just boil the carrots with the stock and puree it and top it with some seasoning . So here goes the recipe for the soup...lets enjoy this hot soup one last time, before we say goodbye to cold winters and warm clothes.

CURRIED CARROT SOUP

Ingredients:
500 grams Carrots- chopped,
1 Onion-chopped,
2-3 cloves of fresh garlic -chopped,
3-4 cups Chicken stock/ vegetable stock,
1-2 tbsp butter / vegetable oil,
1 tsp red chilli powder,
1/4 tsp coriander powder,
1/2 tsp pepper powder,
a pinch of garam masala,
1/2 cup sour cream(optional)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and
salt to taste.

Method:
Heat the butter/ oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and saute for 15 -30 seconds over medium heat. Add the onions and the carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add all the spices- chilli powder, pepper powder, corinader powder, garam masala and mix well and add salt to taste. Now add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer and cook till the carrots become tender.
Puree this in a blender, in small batches until smooth . Bring back to a boil on simmer and add salt if needed. Add the lemon juice and serve hot with sour cream or Crème fraiche or freshly chopped coriander leaves.

Note:
If using store bought stock, make sure you add very liitle salt, because the stock already contain salt in it. Or check and add the salt after you puree the carrots.

I am sending this to Ramana's event - Treat to eyes:Series-2.

16 comments:

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Wonderful and creamy

Shifa said...

Yumm yummy I love soups Hvnt tried the curried ones. This is on the menu for weekend:)

Suji said...

This is an awesome recipe Faiza.I loved the presentation a lot!

Indian Khana said...

Soup look so yum ..gud to see you back dear

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wonderful and perfect looking carrot soup. Presentation is marvelous.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Nithya said...

Lovely soup.. I am bowled out by the look of it :)

kittymatti said...

such beautiful decoration...looks so goood

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a lovely presentation Faiza, glad to see u back dear...

Shabs.. said...

Welcome back faiza....nice presentation...never had carrot soup!

Nimi SunilKumar said...

Awesome post Faiza..and welcome back dear :)luv ur click!

Rumana Rawat said...

Beautiful soup.. and i have started my event Treat to Eyes series-2, do participate:)

Rumana Rawat said...

Thanks dear.. pls add my event logo and link on to your blog:)

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Welcome - i am thrilled to see you back in form and that too blogging like before!

Prema said...

Healthy,creamy,yummy soup...luks delicious...

Reshmi said...

delicious soup.. first time here and love to follow u!!

SpicyTasty said...

Lovely presentation. Looks so tempting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails